“Stay Alert, Don’t Get Hurt”
2018 Safety Slogan submitted by Kelsey Gier, The Custar Stone Company.
Safety is the top priority for any successful contractor or material supplier—not only to ensure safe working conditions for employees and other contractors, but also to ensure quality craftsmanship and competitive pricing.
At The Gerken Companies, we proudly stand by the policies, procedures and regulations designed to promote safety in the construction industry. As we continue to grow, we will continue to improve our safety programs to meet and exceed industry standards.
Some of our many safety efforts include:
- Maintaining a drug-free workplace
- Conducting mandatory MSHA training
- Complying with OSHA training standards
- Conducting weekly safety meetings through “Toolbox Talks”
- Having a safety incentive program that rewards employees for safe work habits
- Working with the appropriate unions for safety training
To ensure the quality of The Gerken Companies safety program, it is closely monitored and implemented by our HR manager and safety supervisor. Interested in learning more? Contact us today.